1.01.2014

What is a saros century?

A saros is 6585.321 days long
100 saros is about 658532 days (or a0c64 in hexadecimal for us programming mathematicians)

There are 100 saros between the resurrection of Jesus Christ on:
Easter 33 A.D.
and when Joseph Smith was visited and ordained by the spirit of Elijah in the Kirtland Temple to restore to fullness of the everlasting gospel in:
Easter 1836 A.D.

Coincidence? I think not. Read those 2 articles above and then continue to further your own research to be able to judge for yourself. I am still not sure if Sir Issac is an ancient relative of mine but he was by no means a fool. I am not a fool either.
I think LeVar Burton said it best in Reading Rainbow when he said (often), "You don't have to take my word for it." He usually inspired watchers to read more about it also. I like to do my own research, but I like to hear what others have to say also. We all have a voice, after all, fools and experts alike.

The author of the articles above is John P. Pratt who has a Ph.D. in astronomy and is a senior scientific analyst with the Eyring Research Institute. I think it is safe to say he is an expert on this subject...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Further calculations and personal research in reference to an earlier post of mine located here:
http://qqmajikpp.blogspot.com/2013/12/sir-issac-newtons-predictions-of-these.html
Have lead me to conclude that there are about 12 saros between the restoration of the priesthood keys to Joseph Smith in 1836 and the year 2058. I cannot speculate whether or not this has any significance. However, I do often ponder on this great and divine transition prophesied to soon occur.