1.29.2014

Jacob 2:18

Now THIS is a great article! (even though it is not mine... expect another post with the link as soon as it is published.)

What is true happiness

"I was with my best friend. We were riding our four wheelers up the mountain when we stopped to take a break. I knew this friend always had my back. No matter what I did, no matter what I said, he would always love me for who I was. I started the conversation by expressing my gratitude for what a good friend he was. His response was unexpected. He reacted very humbly and told me that the real friend in our lives was really Jesus Christ. That comment took me for a spin! My buddy was the one I always looked up too, and it was him who I wanted to be. I asked him to explain further. He took out his phone and pulled up a scripture found in a religious book, a volume of ancient scripture found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, called the Book of Mormon. He scrolled through the book and found his reference.  He asked me to read it aloud. “But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God” (Jacob 2:18)."

No comments: