2.25.2014

Research & Development

I love my scriptures so very much. I had no idea I could love studying from these as much as I do. They bring me so much joy! Having refined my research skills as much as I have, and considering the organized layout of these fine books, prayerful study has been made so very easy I can hardly comprehend how one cannot grasp gospel doctrine and concepts. Bibliographic cross referencing is on every page and references the whole standard works! This I why I blog with all the links and excerpts I provide. So my words can be researched and then judged upon, in that order. However, study alone is not good enough. It is exercising diligent practice to apply what we learn. Here is a great example of what my personal study has lead me to. This is why i have strength and confidence yet why I am humble. Still, I have so much yet to learn. I am just a speck of sand clinging to the shore as the waves crash upon me. It is the Lords grace alone that keeps me from going under.

Enos

4) And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
5) And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

Alma 42

13) Therefore, according to justice, the plan of redemption could not be brought about, only on conditions of repentance of men in this probationary state, yea, this preparatory state; for except it were for these conditions, mercy could not take effect except it should destroy the work of justice. Now the work of justice could not be destroyed; if so, God would cease to be God.
14) And thus we see that all mankind were fallen*, and they were in the grasp of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his presence.
15) And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

*Ephesians 2

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9) Not of works, lest any man should boast+.

+Alma 26

11) But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12) Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast° of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

°Jerimiah 9

24) But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord

Desire to read more? This previous post has links:
We have a bible

No comments: