6.30.2015

Commanded

New 1st Presidency message

God commanded me to move to Utah. I now have an awesome job and an awesome apartment. I love the good people in my new ward and it feels great to be surrounded by so much righteousness. The commandments of God cannot be altered by the laws of this world. The twelfth article of faith does indeed read, "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." That doesn't mean we encourage anything that is contrary to God's law. It may be legal to civilly wed those of like gender and have the government recognize it. If that is all you care about, then great, you can both reap the worldy benefits of such a contract, till death do you part. I intend to live with my partner forever. That meant becoming worthy to enter the house of the Lord to obtain blessings that can only be received there. Blessings meant to join two souls between a man and a woman. That is the kind of marriage I wanted. That is the kind of marriage I received. Sealed in heaven and on earth and no one can change that.

No comments: