10.08.2015

Feel Better Kick that Sick Tea

I've done a lot of personal study on homeopathy and I use this knowledge to help others out. So here is a tea that I make by the jug full and keep on hand to prevent and help overcome illness.

I order in bulk from:
https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/catalog/herbs/bulk

You can find out what all these are good for here:
http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/antiviral-herbs.html

Usnea
Mullein Leaf
Red Clover Blossoms
Echinacea Root
Astragalus Root
Lavender
Honey
Cayenne
Garlic

Chop the Usnea up a bunch. Doesn't have to be a fine powder but enough to make it mixable. I don't really measure any. I'll add a handful each of Mullein and Red Clover a third of a handful each of Echinacea and Lavender and a pinch of garlic powder. I'll mix it up by hand in a bowl adding spoonfuls of Astragalus as I mix it, till it is coated well throught out. About 4 spoonfuls should be good. Then pour it all into two 4"x6" muslin tea bags. I'll start heating up a kettle and drop them both in while it gets hot. When it whistles, I'll remove from the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes, then I'll remove the top and press the bags with a wooden spoon or a ladel or something. Then I'll let it sit for 5-10 more minutes with the top off to let it steep some more and cool down. This concoction is brewed to be real strong but more water will be added later. Remove and squeeze the bags. Add honey that is preferebly local honey to taste. I use Cayenne in tincture form and about 6 drops is good for most. If you like it spicier add 8 or 10 drops. Now add as much cold water as there is tea made. It should be 50/50 (about 64 ounces together depending on your kettle). Chill in the fridge and drink as you like. The more you drink the better i'll work.

No comments: