10.27.2015

Hidden talents

I have always known that I was able to use both my hands pretty well. I have and still classify myself and mostly right handed. However, I have recently come to find out that I am very much ambidextrous. Now while I can't write with a pen equally well with both hands, I can write equally well with both hands using different techniques. My right hand is better suited for pen and paper on a horizontal surface. My left hand is better suited for white boards and black boards on a vertical surface. My left can also easily write backwards from left to right and forwards from left to right, something my right hand struggles to do well even with a pen or pencil. This is something that I am sure I was always capable of doing but never fully realized as I had never tried. I always figured that since using my left to write was not easy with a pen that I just could not do it. Once I did figure it out, getting good was really easy. In fact, my penmanship matches that of my right hand with very little practice. Almost like I have been writing like that forever. Had God not shown me this capability, I am sure it would have remained dormant forever.
Moral of the story is that never doubt that you have divine gifts and never envy those who have gifts that you desire. God knows and understands your capacity more than you do, for He made you. Do your best to perfect what talents you do have. God will reveal His plan to you when you are ready for what He has next for you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing what a little dedication can bring!

Unknown said...

It's amazing what a little dedication can bring!