12.22.2013

The Marvelous Foundation of Our Faith



And I quote:
Gordon B. Hinckley
This remarkable book stands as a testimonial to the living reality of the Son of God. The Bible declares that “in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established” (Matt. 18:16). The Bible, the testament of the Old World, is one witness. The Book of Mormon, the testament of the New World, is another witness.

I cannot understand why the Christian world does not accept this book. I would think they would be looking for anything and everything that would establish without question the reality and the divinity of the Savior of the world.
And I quote the New Testament:
1 Thessalonians 5:
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

James 1:
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

 So that being said, I have a tendency to back up my words and beliefs with a bibliography (in case you didnt notice). I question all men for man's knowledge is imperfect. I will not, however, question God because HIS knowledge IS perfect and that is what I find most desireable. The quoted text above also mentions Matthew 18:16. Guess what? I noticed that every member of all three stakes and branches I have had the pleasure to attend feel, think and carry themselves in very much the same manner. The whole world, right now, is fifteen million witnesses strong and I can pretty much garuntee that everyone of them is genuinly happy, hard working, family oriented, loves thier neighbors, and considers this a an everyday religion instead of just a sunday thing! If that is a great hoax, then it couldnt possibly work. Yet, it DOES work and is a drastic improvent to the process! All of those who beg to differ, I implore each and everyone of you to get a free copy of the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ and read it. See how it makes you feel. Pray to God with all your heart, never doubting he will respond and ask him if it is true or false. Find an LDS church locally and attend at least once. I was never much for books. I prefered manuals. Ever since I got my scriptures I cannot put them down! I find myself reading them often! Explain that! I cant, but I do and it works.

No comments: